Friday, December 31, 2010

Yet Another Year end Post

Another year passed by. This time it’s the end of the decade. I no longer love my birthdays and I hate to grow up and become older. Why do I love new years then? Not sure why do I become cynical when it comes to year end post. When I look back at 2000, that’s the beginning of my engineering. I knew nothing then and scared of everything. I was a serious guy in class during my time in B.Tech, With lots of ambitions, lots of fears, doubts and questions.  I’m the kind of person that likes order in life. The fears still remain, just that they are different now, not the same set of problems. Of course, the way of dealing with them changed a lot. The order in life no longer remains.  Who would have thought I would have fall in love, and the power of bad break up, of course I underestimated it. And then another set back with a break up of the engagement. I used to plan for everything then. Needless to say, I’m not much of a planning person anymore. 2010 has been a pretty interesting year for me. While the cynic inside my knows that this too shall not last, I tried my best to make it interesting. Coming to the resolutions I made, I didn’t succeed in at least one of them. Neither in reading the books, nor in making the trips. I am sick of making the same resolutions again year after year when I know that I never keep them. This time I am going to make some resolutions that I can actually accomplish.

 

  • Read less
  • Gain weight. Put on at least 4 kgs.
  • Stop exercising. Waste of time.
  • Watch more TV. I am actually missing some interesting stuff.
  • Procrastinate more.
  • Start being superstitious.
  • Spend more time at work and in front of computer.
  • Eat out more, Eat more sweets and junk food.
  • Make a new habit. May be drinking or smoking.

 

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. I think I fulfilled most if not all of your new year resolutions last year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your approach, instead of taking resolutions on what we haven't done earlier and at the end of year see 100% failure, making resolution (or may be not) of things that any way we are doing over years to gain 100% success. Only last one surprised me, or may be I do not know.

    ReplyDelete