Thursday, March 25, 2010

Microsoft Courier : Is it true?

Microsoft Courier existence confirmed on the company's Jobs Blog http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/microsoft-courier-existence-confirmed-on-the-companys-jobsblog/

But the Courier part has now been removed.http://microsoftjobsblog.com/blog/microsoft-innovation-number-one/ I definitely think that a device like Courier has a place; the notebook format would be excellent. It will never replace a computer or netbook, but as a digital notebook I think we honestly have a third device that people will really want to have. The courier uses a notebook paradigm with two screens that look like two pieces of paper in a notebook  It also has a stylus which supports handwriting. I am a bit sceptical about  handwriting, because there is always a bit of a delay whenever you write on a tablet (due to necessary smoothing and predictive filtering), which never looks as good as it does in concept videos. I am really hoping that MS would release this, which would be a killer App for IPad. Though the demo video or fake video( what ever it is) still has some unanswered things for me, I hope that real device should look exactly like the demo videos or possibly even better with much coolness added to it.. Its one of the few devices I've actually be *excited* about but Still, my excitement remains.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment