Tuesday, June 8, 2010

iPhone 4

 

Apple iPhone announced officially today.  You can own it on June 24. iPhone 4 video doesn't work on 3G, only on WiFi. People have been doing video calling on Skype as well as on Nokia phones with BSNL 3G even in India for a long time. My other phone Nokia N85 has a front end camera and video calling functionality from more than a year. 99% of the time that I have WiFi in my own house, and in my house I can use my laptop to skype. Putting a video editor in the phone seems interesting to some but I don’t want to edit things in such a small form factor. The iPhone 4G still doesn't seem to do true multitasking. Only one app is actually run, the others seem to be frozen. Why would I spend for loading my phone with bullet proof glass and steel that is 1000 times stronger than normal steel.

 

Overall, I don’t get what the shock and awe over the new phone is. They have amazing marketing machine for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment