Thursday, December 31, 2009

The year that was..2009 recap

Everyone is doing it and I won’t be the exception! 2009 has been an action packed year to me. Every year has its ups and downs..but 2009 is full of downs with few ups in the end. The amalgamation of the incidents happened through out the year just brings tears to my eyes. I never realized, I am so emotionally weak until I had to face them. I should say its been a roller coaster ride to me. I have seen everything in just one year, heartbreak, the pain in betrayal, the strength you need to face it, tears and tantrums, importance of your family. I know time moves on and sometimes we move so far that we don’t even see them as important any more. There is a whirlwind of memories flashing right in front of my eyes throwing light on those incidents. You feel like a crippled dog sometimes and a graceful flamingo at other times. In the end, its all just a matter of perception.

 

Few highlights of this year include, this year was when blogging became more than a monthly event, a kind of a hobby for me.. and i love it. I love the outlet for my writing, and i love sharing out my thoughts, personal lives (or at least a small part of it) with friends that may only get to see us every now and then. This year was when my extra curricular reading habits has improved drastically, and I can’t imagine myself without books now. My love affair with novels has brought a lot of change in the way I perceive things. Hyderabad 10K run, Never thought I would run for 21 Kms just for the heck of running. The immense amount of satisfaction you get after the run is just speechless. I loved the run. I have lost 10 kgs, Yes you heard it right. I have become fit again. Became an owner of a flat. I don’t know whether I should be proud of it or not, but its just a big milestone to me.

 

2010 looks exciting! I am not a person who believe in taking resolutions. But this time I am determined to take some resolutions and try to achieve them. So here comes the plan for the year 2010. Most of these will be on my personal front.

 

  • Work out at GYM and stay fit.
  • Eat natural food and stop junk food altogether.
  • Be active in Blogging.
  • Be calm and serene.
  • Be aggressive in your job.
  • Read at least 25 books.
  • Visit Goa.
  • Go for trekking.
  • Improve your Hindi.
  • Socialize with people and make new friends.
  • Stay in touch with your old friends and expand your network.

 

And the most important resolution for the coming year would be to be happy, no matter what emotional ups and downs you face. I have been thinking about all that I have accomplished. It seems so little in front of all that I have to still achieve. Alright, I know its becoming yet another obligatory self centered whiney year end post. The main objective is that I have to be a better person, learn from all the mistakes I have made. I am sure it is going to be one hell of a ride! I have so many dreams to fulfill. Not sure If I have time for all of them. Year 2010 is going to be a crazy party for sure! Wish me luck.

 

I WISH A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Rambabu !!Wishing you loads of happiness,success,love and good health. Also add 'Tie the Knot' to your resolution list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @pandu: Thanks Pandu. Well Tying the knot, I would have added it if it is in my hands. Lets see..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought of recommending the same thing on to ur list. And then I guess u shud change ur profile name from 'LoneSailor' to something else too. Anyways Happy New Year. Good time for you has begun at the end of 09 and hope it continues all through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the stuff u achieved the past year! Best wishes for this year :)
    -Uma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck Rambo. I sure observed lot of positive change in last one year. Wish you best of luck for your good resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Purnima:Will surely try to change the profile name when I think of a new one. Thanks for your wishes.

    @Uma: Thanks a lot.

    @Pabboj:Thanks Satti.

    ReplyDelete