Thursday, January 28, 2010

Apple introduces iPad

Apple today introduced it’s iPad, which looks like a giant iPod Touch. For all the speculation that was it. iPad = iPhone (without phone and MultiTasking) plus a big screen. No built-in camera, no handwriting recognition, no speech recognition, No multi-tasking. This doesn’t seem that magical to me. I am not impressed at all. Seems to me that the iPad is a big screen iPod Touch. Which you use to consume media. Watch video on airplanes and car back seats, while you wait for the dentist, on the bus or train etc. Besides its overpriced.

For about  what the low end iPad costs, $499, I  can get a real 17” laptop running Windows 7.

For about what the high end iPad costs, $829, I can get:

  • · a 17” laptop running Windows 7 ($499).
  • · plus an iPhone 3G ($99).
  • · plus a Kindle ($259).

I don’t see why everyone thinks the iPad is such a good deal. Is there latent demand for a big screen iPod touch? We will see.

More reviews here

Paul Thurrott called it the iDud

Joel Topulsky from Engadget

 

And here is a parody video about Apple IPad.This may be disturbing for a fraction of audiences. I know I have been posting weird stuff off late, but I just want my blog to be funny. No offense is intended in this post (mentally, emotionally or culturally) and The viewers are requested to ACT sensible, and navigate away from this page if you find this,so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment