Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dork, The Incredible Adventures of Robin Einstein Vargheese : Book Review

I pre ordered this book when @shreeni tweeted about it and I am glad I did that. This book is an excellent light, quick, and fun read with amazing sense of humor and lots of chuckles. The story is about  Robert “Einstein” Varghese who goes to Mumbai to work on his first job in a company called Dufresne Partners which he got in the day zero of the campus placements. He graduates from one of the top B-Schools in India, and keeps a short goal for himself which is being promoted as Associate in less than a year. The story is recorded in the form of diary notes through the book. He tries to hold down his classmate from B-school Gauri as his love partner by cheating and saying she made “animal love” to him while she is fully drunk.  The book is all about corporate culture, romance, girlfriend goof-ups. For the people who want to read, Dork is a witty, funny light read. Its funny at most of the places. The Ball Bearing story, Gauri Sms which is exactly how girls think, "COFFEE, PROBABLY NOT. TOO MUCH TO ASK. I DON'T KNOW I BOTHER. YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND". is quite funny indeed. I am little bit disappointed with the CNBC interview Transcript in the end, It could have been more funny and hilarious. I do not want this review to be a rant, saying what is good and what is bad about it. I thoroughly enjoyed the book while reading, and it pretty much got me glued to my seat till i finished the book. Go for it, If you want a funny light read.

2 comments:

  1. Spoiler alert!!!!
    Am still reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sabbah, You should not blame me later that I didn't give you an alert. :)

    ReplyDelete