Saturday, February 6, 2010

Onto Booooks….

What is it with books that make you want to lose yourself in them?
Become a ghost
Live between the words
Trapped and yet free

 

My friend was saying, I have started a book marathon. I should say, I picked up this book reading habit from one of my friends. My mother says there is life beyond books. I agree with her. You open the bookshelf and find 35 unread books waiting to be consumed - it is times like these that put me under more pressure than any other project deadline(I don’t give a damn about them anyways).  The "library" has setup in my new house finally, and the entire book shelf is filled with books. My books. Stuff that I had bought. Bought. They are not stolen or borrowed. The books I borrow I would return them anyways. It is in fact a wonderful feeling to get lost in the book, like a ghost creating a parallel world with every character in the book. Here goes my to Read List. I will keep the blog updated when I am done reading all these books.

 

s.no

Title

Author

1

The Camel Club

David Baldacci

2

Lost City

Clive Cussler

3

Shan

Eric Van Lustbader

4

Acts of Faith

Erich Segal

5

Prizes

Erich Segal

6

Class

Erich Segal

7

Flirting with Pete

Barbara Delinsky

8

The Collectors

David Baldacci

9

Silver Bells

Luanne Rice

10

When the Lion feeds

Wilbur Smith

11

Monsoon

Wilbur Smith

12

Kane & Abel

Jeffrey Archer

13

Only Love

Erich Segal

14

World without end

Ken follett

15

Shall We Tell the President?

Jeffrey Archer

16

Man woman and child

Erich Segal

17

Karma

Mitchell Smith

18

Undue Influence

Steve Martini

19

Lie down with Lions

Ken Follett

20

Jian

Eric Van Lustbader

21

Harpoon

C W Nicol

22

The Amber warning

Robert Ludlum

23

The First Deadly sin

Lawrence Sanders

24

Black Cross

Greg Iles

25

The Laws of our fathers

Scott Turrow

26

English August

Upamanyu Chatterjee

27

Mitla Pass

Leon Uris

28

The Seduction of Peter S.

Lawrence Sanders

29

The Perfect Spy

John Le Carre

30

The City of Joy

Dominique Lapierre
31 Dork : The Incredible Adventures of Robin
Enistein Vargheese
Sidin Vadukut
32 Paths of Glory Jeffrey Archer
33 Family Matters Rohinton Mistry
34 To Kill a Mocking Bird Harper lee
35 The Secret Rhonda Byrne

 

I hate parting with my books, but I have two copies of Alchemist to give away. If you promise me that you will give that money to any charity of your choice, I will give away those books. Due to space constraints, I am planning to buy an ebook reader. Heard very good reviews from my senior, will give it a try some time next week and then go for it.

1 comment: