Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fatima Bhutto

Fatima Bhutto, the fiery poet-journalist niece of slain former Pakistani premier Benazir Bhutto, visited India to promote her book Songs of Blood and Sword. She appeared in an interview with NDTV(Barkha Dutt). Though the interview is 45 mins long it is worth every bit.

 

She reveals details about her aunt as a two sided person(as a politician and an aunt). What strike me most is with the ease she quoted the following lines.

I don’t believe in birth-right politics. I don’t think, nor have I ever thought, that my name qualifies me for anything.

I’m political, my writing is political, I’m active in political causes. I’ve always been interested in politics — but this very idea of eastern politics of dynasty, I don’t think breeds affection. I think it is an entitled, dangerous system. It doesn’t enhance engagement in politics. It doesn’t help participatory democracy

She is absolutely charming with her good looks and glossy aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment