Sunday, April 11, 2010

We Blog, Therefore We Are

Univercell Hyderabad Indibloggers Meet.

We Blog, Therefore We Are

Those were the words I first saw, when I entered the meeting hall of the blogger’s meet. I saw a bunch of people with big smiling faces wearing black T-Shirts, warmly welcoming you for the meet. As we were registering for the meet, his/her Indiblogger profile pic, along with his/her name got listed on that big screen under ‘Arrivals‘. Tweets tagged with #indihyd were streaming over the big screen live. It all started with the video on how Hitler wanted to attend this indiblogger meet and how his blog has been rejected for the same. I am glad my blog was accepted for this event. only about 150 blogs were accepted for the event. The indiblogger team introduced themselves and then came the Hall of Fame event, where each blogger introduces himself in 30 secs. Its lot of fun to hear from different people, why they blog and what they blog about. I saw around 4 bloggers who were close to 60 years, but are very confident and passionate about blogging. And I also saw an old lady, who writes about recipes, who wants to make cooking easier for young people. It was so sweet of her husband to say that, I accompanied her because I am a good husband. There was a mix of bloggers who write about wide variety of categories, about food & recipes, Software technologies, about free lancing, about entrepreneurship, college students, poetry, nostalgic moments, non sense(yeah some ppl said that) and more. After the hall of fame session, came the activity session where all were given a big chart with a tag on it, so that we can sling it to our neck with the chart in our back and people can write comments on it!! It was fun going and meeting new people asking them to write comments, advertising your blog and taking their blog urls. But what delighted me most, was when I stood up and introduced myself and said I work for microsoft, in windows team, a couple of people wrote comments on my back saying , “Windows Made me, What I am today. Thanks to you guys.” , “Win 7 Ultimate rocks”. They made my day. Its not we, Its you guys who are rockstars. Then came the quizzing session, where riyaz came up with some interesting questions. I knew the answers only to few questions.Then the interesting part of the agenda came up, which is high tea with some yummy snacks. On the Menu were, Dahi wada, Burgers and gulab jamoons which were delicious. I shamelessly had tea followed by coffee in quick succession. The meeting concluded with a group photo and distribution of T-Shirts. I met Deepa, while I am almost ready to leave the session. She has got some real taste and a wonderful poetess too. Check out some of her poems here. We exchanged our numbers, promised to stay in touch and there comes the end. It was an enriching experience meeting new bloggers all over from Hyderabad. I got some new friends as well. All kudos to Indiblogger team. It was Brilliantly Organized and superbly executed. I would love to attend it again next time, If I am still in Hyderabad. If I missed anything, You could find the overall summation at Garima’s blog here

10 comments:

  1. its me who wrote "Windows Made me, What I am today. Thanks to you guys."

    Ya. not just me. many Indians.. right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meet was cool, here is in depth details of the meet with pictures, suggestion http://www.onlinetipsblog.com/univercell-indiblogger-meet-hyderabad-2010-pics-review/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review.... thanks for sharing.. :) see found something interesting to comment on your blog...

    Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Avinash: Not Just Indians, Windows is part of every one's life. Some so called geeks, feel that Microsoft is an evil empire. It was nice meeting you. Thanks for dropping by.

    @Yogesh: Thanks for posting the pictures. The meeting is certainly a hit.

    @Deepa: Thanks Deepa, Will try to post some blogs which would be of interest to you. I was busy in meeting and could not lift your call y'day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the post!! Congratulations for being one among the few selected bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well ! Must give you good marks for the covering report. The old lady was my wife S V Ramani. Infact I said " I am no blogger! But like a good husband I work for her blog ! "' Nice reporting. Wonder how could you record all the suff with so much noise and shouting ?? . Your reporting was concise and keep it up. My wife says thanks for your reporting and request you to log on Ramani's Recepies site. Prepare a meal as suggested in her web and report back with your comment. She completed her Msc in Food and Nutrition from Madras University in 70. I suggest for better reporting carry a pocket digital recorder that you can play it back at ease while writting your report. With kind regards
    Wg Cdr(R) S A Ramaiah and S V Ramani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ram,

    As you rightly said, Garima's provides an overall summation.

    But you also summed it up nice,

    By the way, what is RIA, as mentioned in your introduction.

    Is it something same as RTI?

    nshantin@gmail.com
    ----
    Yes, the get-together was awesome
    It was a great meet and an opportunity to meet fellow bloggers in blood.

    Just to keep the momentum, I have created a new Group on Linkedin - Indibloggers.

    I invite all of you to join this Group.

    In the long run, this will aid not only in personal development but also professional development.



    http://www.linkedin.com/groups?viewMembers=&gid=2945994&sik=1270992008306

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Purnima : Thanks Purnima.

    @Deepthi : Thanks for dropping by.

    @Achuta: Thanks Sir for your comments. I visited Mrs.Ramani site. You ppl had a great blog going. It is quite informative and helpful to lot of youngsters like me. Cooking is my passion, will surely try out some items mentioned in the blog and will recommend it to my friends as well.

    @prashant: Thanks for dropping by. RIA stands for Rich Internet Applications. I will join the group.

    ReplyDelete