Monday, April 19, 2010

Some Random news

When IPL is almost coming to an end, I was wondering why this time there is no controversy. In IPL 1st season  it was that slap by harbhajan to Sreesanth that created the news, in IPL 2nd season  it was the fake IPL player blog about Kolkata Knight riders which created sensation. Now in IPL 3rd season it is that tweet by Lalit Modi which made Sashi Taroor to resign from his ministry. My favourite team(DC) reached Semis again this time, and Kolkata and Delhi missed out of semis though both the teams ended with a high note. IPL is no more about cricket, its just about business. I personally liked this article and mainly this note.

Shashi Tharoor says he has no financial dealings with the Kochi IPL franchise. I believe him. I don't question either his honesty or his personal life but was it really worth a minister's time and effort to help out a group of businessmen?

At the end of the day this is not about any individual but about the nexus of sports, business, and politics. Lalit Modi has raised questions; like it or not, answers must be forthcoming.

Finally there is some justice done with the Jessica Lal case. Though the justice is delayed for about 10 years, the justice is delivered. Her soul will indeed rest in peace now. SC confirms Manu’s life sentence: What about that spineless wimp, Shayan Munshi? How can he get away scot free in this case?

 

Sania got married breaking the heart of one of my class mates for the 2nd time. He is into depression now and not speaking to me much these days. He says I declined all my matches for her and now he is not getting any better matches. Sania says, She married a person, not a Pakistani.

“I wasn’t marrying a Pakistani. I was marrying a person I liked and he was marrying a person. It didn’t matter if he (Shoaib) was from Timbuktu. He could have been from anywhere,” Sania (23) said.

I am glad I am not a Timbaktu, Otherwise I’d be terribly offended by this.

 

One more accident today close to our office campus, 3rd in a month’s time. All 3 were bike guys, I should soon move to a car now. Though I am careful driver, but I do speed some times. It's really difficult to predict uncertainties in Hyderabad traffic. I strongly feel driving slowly and straight is always better option, we cannot control others driving and nobody will complain even if you are late by 5 mins or so.

2 comments:

  1. "IPL is no more about cricket, its just about business"

    Spot on. Club/Franchises are never about sports but business ... anywhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was slap by Harbhajan to sreesanth

    ReplyDelete