Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Monk who sold his Ferrari : A Review


When one of my friends asked if I have read this book, I said I don't like self help,spiritual and motivating books, coz I can't take all the gyan such books try to teach you. But I am glad, I read this. Quite an Inspirational read. Its surely going to change my attitude towards life. I found this book very energizing, giving me a lot of inspiration and motivation to go on and many answers to my questions. A blueprint for successful living, I would say. Now I am going to download it from iTunes and listen to it again with my iPhone.

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma is a self-help book that resolves around the adventure of a successful, work-obsessed lawyer in the Himalayas where he found out the true meaning of life. The lawyer, Julian Mantle, realizes his problem after a heart attack and decided to give up all his possessions to seek a more meaningful and youthful life. The book is about Julian meeting his colleague after a long time; Julian tells how he has changed because of what he experienced and gave suggestions on how to live and deal with situations in life. The book provides practices to lower stress, make you feel happier and to improve certain parts of your body that would allow a more youthful life. It also presents the practices step by step showing what one is good for.

The book is full of aptly chosen practical quotes each of which is an inspiration in itself.

"Never regret your past. Embrace it as the teacher it is."
"'Never be a prisoner of your past. Become an architect of your future." 
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. "  
"The average four year old laughs 300 hundred times a day. The average adult - fifteen times.

My Rating :

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Its great to read.... till now i was avoiding books/magazines/news papers!!! but now im feeling to read this book!!!

    Cheers,
    Rajani

    ReplyDelete