Monday, September 21, 2009

The Pilgrimage : A Review


This is the 4th Paulo Coelho book I've read, and my least favorite so far. I may be little harsh in saying this, but I really hated this book. I know the character in this book is on a spiritual journey to find himself, but I thought It would be similar to "The Alchemist" with some philosophical thoughts. But the story made no sense, and key parts of it were left unexplained (what is RAM? what is The Tradition?). Here Paulo Coelho details his journey across Spain along the legendary road of San Tiago, which pilgrims have travelled since Middle Ages.The entire book is mostly about rituals and "The Tradition" whatever that is. It was difficult for me to get into the book, but I got through it. The only good quality was that it was short and went quickly. I think this is his first book as a writer and probably one of the reason that it failed to make an impressive mark. I could see his evolution as a writer after this.

Only one thing to quote here..

When you are moving toward an objective, it is very imporant to pay attention to the road


My Rating :

1 comment:

  1. Your review will help me to not touch this book.
    "I could see his evolution as a writer after this" -- You may also see his non sense getting evolved, So be careful. If you don't know when to stop, you will never get time to try other good ones.

    ReplyDelete